2021 Cohort Oct 4, 2021 - March 25, 2022 - Acceptance date cut off Sep 20, 2021
2022 Cohort Apr 4, 2022 - Sep 28, 2022 - Acceptance date cut off Mar 21, 2022
Under general supervision and direction, assists with resolution of residential and commercial property claims through investigation, evaluation, documentation and the preparation of the estimate of damages as well as negotiating settlements while maintaining adequate production levels.
• Must be an active duty military member applying/requesting approval for participation in DoD SkillBridge program by their respective service.
• Attend required 6 month training as part of the DoD SkillBridge program.
• Under the supervision of a trainer/mentor, examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverages.
• Shadows Adjuster in claims investigation and assists by obtaining official reports, inspecting physical damage, and comparing claim information with evidence.
• Sets loss reserves.
• Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford.
• Settles claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability, client’s instructions and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage and pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
• Controls claims costs.
• Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
• Maintains expected case load.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
• Creates day to day agenda with assistance of manager/supervisor.
• Product supervision focuses primarily on product being presented to clients.
• Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
• Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
• College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in construction, damage evaluation and estimating, building repair or similar backgrounds preferred, but not required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
• Computer Literacy
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to handle challenging situations and people.
• Continuous interaction with claimants and clients to exchange information, often requiring analysis of alternative courses of action.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must complete education requirements as outlined by Crawford and Company’s SkillBridge program to learn, and pass Adjuster licensing as well as carrier specific certifications need to work as a CAT Adjuster, all of which will be learned during training.
• Must complete continuing education requirements as outlined by Crawford Educational Services.
People taking care of people. It’s that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients’ policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
We believe in leading by example – at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.